Automatic Identification System A.I.S
A.I.S ALLOWS VESSELS TO COMMUNICATE THEIR POSITION TO AVOID COLLISIONS.
A team equipped with A.I.S shows the distance and course of nearby ships in a radar-like format. The main goal of the A.I.S system is to allow vessels to communicate their position and other relevant information so that other vessels or stations can be aware and to avoid collisions.
- Small tonnage boats, A.I.S standard. B.
- Navigation aid elements. (AtoN).
- Large tonnage vessels, A.I.S standard. TO.
- Search and rescue aircraft.
- Base stations on land.
- 2W transmitter.
- DSC receiver in VHF.
- VHF TDMA receivers.
- 12.5W VHF transmitter.
- Global positioning system by satellite (GPS).
- Marine standardized interface type IEC 61162/NMEA 0183.